Truck Driving School in Dallas Texas
Welcome to C.R. England. We look forward to you joining our company in Dallas, Texas as a professional truck driver.
|1230 So. Highway 67
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
|Antonio Torres||(469) 454-3060
Interested in Driving for C.R. England?
Prepare for The Dallas School
Accommodations will be provided in one of two hotels. All rooms are subject to 2-3 people based on occupancy levels. A C.R. England shuttle will transport you from the hotel to the school daily.
To get a ride from the Greyhound bus station call the Dallas Inn & Suites at (972) 937-4982 or the Student Shuttle at (214) 202-7051
A general outline of the requirements for a truck driving school candidate are listed below. For more information regarding these requirements, please call (800) 421-9004.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Those 23 years old and younger need to have a clean driving record.
- Have a satisfactory employment record.
- Complete all portions of the driver application, including:
- Three years of employment history.
- Phone numbers with area code for all employment history.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Pass a mandatory drug screen.
- Be able to pass a Department of Transportation physical from a doctor at the direction of C.R. England.
- Have results of the physical that meet minimum standards, including:
- A blood pressure rating of 140/90 or less.
- An eyesight rating of 20/40 or better.
- A horizontal field of vision rating of no less than 80 degrees.
- Pass a C.R. England road test.
- Show an original Social Security Card that:
- Has not been laminated
- Has not been copied
- Understand that firearms are strictly forbidden on C.R. England property.
- Meet criminal record policy requirements.
For more information, please call a recruiter at (800) 421-9004
Before you arrive we have developed this guide to help you understand the process of becoming a professional truck driver. Reading and following this guide will give you the information necessary to make a smooth transition to becoming a driver with C.R. England.
Prior to attending a C.R. England partner truck driving school or orientation, we strongly recommend that you do the following:
- Go on the Internet to the following web address to test your eye sight:
Click HOTV chart and print out the chart. Follow the directions on the web site to test each eye. Once you complete the test you must be able to read the 20/30 line in each eye to pass the test.
If you are unable to pass this test you will not be able to get your driving permit and will be sent home. You will need to get your eyes tested and either update your current lens prescription or get glasses to pass the test.
- Go to a drug store or super market that provides a free blood pressure test and check your blood pressure.
If your blood pressure is above 140/90 you will need to see a doctor prior to coming to the school.
- If you do not currently have a CDL(Commercial Driver's License) go to your local Department of Motor Vehicle and pick up a CDL manual or go to the internet at the following address and print out a CDL manual:
In order to pass the CDL permit test so we can begin training you in a truck it is necessary you read and study the necessary sections in this manual prior to arrival at the School. The sections you need to print out and study are sections one through six.
After you study, you can test your knowledge with C.R. England's online practice tests. Click the link below:
Inexperienced Driver/Student Check List
If you currently do not hold a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) or you completed a CDL training program and have not driven in the last six months, you will be required to attend our partner driving school.
- Birth Certificate with raised state seal (Unless you live in Texas)
- $70.00 CDL Permit fee
- 2 Pieces of mail proving Texas residency
- Enough money for food and necessities until your first paycheck (Approx. 30 days)
- Your current driver's license
- Original Social Security Card
- List of Social Security Numbers of your spouse and children for health insurance
- A valid Work Permit if you are not a US citizen
- Voided check if you want your paycheck direct deposited
- Bedding (twin sheet and blanket or sleeping bag)
- Enough Clothes for at least one week (Be sure to include coat, hat and gloves. Much of the training is done in the outdoors.)
- Toiletries: Towels, soaps, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, tooth paste, razor, etc.
- CDL Manual (See online information in the Before You Arrive Section)
- Flashlight, pens/pencils, notepad
- Alarm Clock
- Sun Glasses
Only bring what you need during your school and training period. There is limited space for storage and in the truck with your trainer. Limit is two bags plus your bedding. You can pick up the remainder of your possessions, once you are in your own truck during home time.
Once you have been scheduled into the Dallas Facility your recruiter will give you a confirmation number for your Greyhound Bus Ticket. Since many of the Greyhound stations ticket offices are closed on the weekend, it is recommended you pick up your ticket prior to the travel date.
If you are unable to make the bus scheduled, notify your recruiter immediately.
Once you arrive at the Greyhound bus station at Dallas South, call (972) 937-4982 to get a ride to the motel. When you arrive at the motel, check in at the reception desk. Check in to your room. At this time you will receive a packet with instructions for your training. Be in the lobby at 5:30 a.m. on Monday and a shuttle will take you to the school.
With this fast-paced truck driver training program, you will accomplish great things by the end of the first week. Students of the training program will find that, although demanding, the course is also very rewarding.
During the first week of class, you will meet your instructor and learn about the safety procedures, mechanical operations, and log requirements of truck driving. There may be homework every day throughout the program, but you will find that the more you work, the sooner you will accomplish your goals.
Of course the real fun starts when you get in the trucks. After attending classroom instruction, your time spent in the trucks will teach you how to:
- Turn the tractor-trailer.
- Handle railroad crossings and intersections.
- Drive in city and highway traffic.
- Back up the tractor-trailer.
- Couple and uncouple the tractor to the trailer.
- Inspect your equipment, including the complete pre-trip inspection.
- Test your brakes.
After successful completion of the C.R. England truck driving training course and upon meeting our hiring requirements, you will be hired, receive your CDL, and be assigned to a certified Over-the-Road Driver Trainer. With your trainer, you will be given opportunities to gain a personal understanding of your new career and have the valuable information you learned in class reinforced through first-hand driving experience.
C.R. England offers aspiring and experienced truck drivers the opportunity to drive their way to a successful career.
For our students, we offer a 17-day training program at one of our partner truck driving schools. Upon successful completion of your schooling and upon meeting our hiring requirements, you will be hired and provided with paid on-the-job training with a professional trainer. Your training and team driving will take place in two phases and insures that you receive the most comprehensive training in the industry.
Phase I training consists of team driving with a professional trainer for a minimum of 20,000 miles or 30 Days of being under Dispatch. During this time you will complete three (3) training modules.
Team Driving/ Second Seat
During team driving, drivers will team with either a Company First Seat Trainer or an Independent Contractor. During this time you will further your education with the completion of three self-guided training modules.
Once you begin team driving you will be able to request home time. C.R. England values the work/family balance of our drivers and we will make every effort to get you home within two weeks of your request.
Once you have completed your training program you can choose from the following possibilities.
- Become a Company Solo or Team driver and receive a steady income with a stable company.
- Buy or Lease your own truck and become an Independent Contractor running your own business.
- Remain as a second seat.
For more information, please call (800) 421-9004.
Inexperienced Drivers/C.R. England Partner School Information
School in Dallas begins on Monday. You need to be in the motel lobby at 5:30 a.m. for the shuttle to take you to the school. Transportation and housing are provided while you are in school.
School is 15 days in length including orientation and will prepare you to successfully pass the CDL exam and become a professional truck driver. Our curriculum is the best in the industry and qualified instructors will guide you through the program. The mixture of classroom and on truck training will prepare you for a career with C.R. England.
During school you will be given a pre-hire interview and a physical and drug test.
Notice Student Complaint Policy:
This school has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC); the TWX-assigned school number is: S2188
The school's programs are approved by TWC.
Students must address their concerns about the school or any of its educational programs by following the grievance process outlined in the school's catalog. C.R. England's Premier Partner Truck Driving School policy is to encourage open communication downward, upward, and laterally within each organizational unit. If an employee has a complaint, an employee may present it first to their immediate instructor/supervisor. Please feel free to contact the Corporate Human Resources Department with any questions or concerns, if needed.
Students dissatisfied with the school's response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school, can file a complaint with TWC, and other relevant agencies or accreditors.
Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC's Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://www.twc.state.tx.us/.
For more information, please call (800) 421-9004