The new year represents an opportunity to start fresh. For some people, that means setting aside one career in exchange for something completely new. For others, the new year is an opportunity to embark on that very first career that will hopefully provide both stable employment and fulfillment for decades. C.R. England wants to encourage you to consider truck driving, whether you are just starting out or looking for a new career in 2017.
Truck driving is a great job that offers a lot of benefits; those benefits will be explained below. Working for C.R. England is an opportunity to work with one of the oldest and most successful trucking firms in America. We hire experienced drivers and independent contractors looking to be part of an industry-leading team. We also hire new drivers willing to undergo training through our partner, Premier Truck Driving Schools, before coming to work for us.
New Drivers – What You Should Know
Perhaps you are considering switching to a truck driving career or starting a new career from scratch. As a potential new driver, you're wondering whether truck driving is a career for you. It may be. Here are some of the most important benefits of driving a truck professionally:
- Good Pay – According to the BLS, the median pay for truck drivers in 2015 was $40,260 annually. Median pay is that amount that half the drivers earn more than and the other half earn less than. The most successful truck drivers can earn $70,000 more.
- Ample Employment – A good truck driver does not have to worry about being employed as long as he or she performs well. The number of existing trucking jobs in 2014 was nearly 1.8 million. The government expects an additional 98,000 jobs to be added over the next decade. None of that accounts for the tens of thousands of existing jobs that are currently vacant.
- Daily Challenges – Any experienced truck driver will tell you that no two days are alike in this industry. If you are the kind of person who likes a daily challenge, truck driving is just the job for you.
- Travel Opportunities – Trucking is one of only a few industries that allows workers to combine employment with their love of travel. As an over-the-road trucker, you could potentially see all 48 of the continental states. From the California coast to the deep South to the Berkshires of New England, there is quite a lot to see.
- Immediate Entry – You can get going in the trucking industry immediately. You do not need a college degree, just a driver’s license and a willingness to work. Drivers with CDL licenses can start work right away; those without can immediately begin a training program to get their licenses in just a few weeks.
Experienced Drivers – What You Should Know
As an experienced truck driver, you already know that there is a lot to love about our industry. What you might not know is that not all trucking companies are equal. As with any industry, certain companies rise above the rest for employment and customer service. C.R. England is one such company.
We have been in business since 1920. As a family-owned and customer-focused company, we take great pride in everything we do. We have a reputation within the industry for taking care of our drivers with the knowledge that they take care of us and our customers. We invite you to consider our job opportunities if you're looking to make a switch for 2017. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.